People have turned to plants for healing properties since ancient times. One of the most popular folk medicines that seem to have many benefits is ‘essential oil.’ – this naturally available plant has many physical and psychological benefits. It is found that one-third of Americans believe in the health benefits of Aromatherapy.
Here’s the Comprehensive Guide to Aromatherapy
How Does Aromatherapy Work?
Aromatherapy oils provide a pleasant smell that is used to heal various health issues like respiratory disinfection, decongestant, and psychological benefits. Inhaling essential oil stimulates your olfactory system. When its molecules reach the brain, they affect the limbic system that is connected to emotions, heart rate, breathing, memory, stress, and hormone balance. That’s why essential oil can regulate your mood and uplift your energy.
What Are the Benefits of Essential Oil?
Aromatherapy can treat various conditions; the following are some of the conditions that it helps in reducing.
- Body aches and pain
- Depression, agitation, anxiety, and stress
- Muscular ache
- Menopausal problems
- Circulatory problems
- Menstrual problems
- Hair loss
Essential Oil Treatment
Different essential oils have various benefits.
- Digestive problems can be treated with the help of peppermint oil.
- Clove oil relieves toothache and mouth sores.
- Basil essential oil is used to improve concentration and alleviate the symptoms of anxiety and depression. It also relieves migraines and headaches.
- Bergamot essential oil is useful for the urinary tract and digestive tract. It is combined with eucalyptus oil to treat some of the skin problems.
- Black pepper essential oil is used to prompt blood circulation, muscular aches, and pains. It is blended with ginger essential oil to improve flexibility and arthritis pain.
- Clove essential oil is used as a painkiller. It is commonly used for toothache. It also prevents nausea, vomiting. The oil has antimicrobial, antioxidant, and antifungal properties.
- Geranium essential oil can be used for skin problems and skin improvement. It acts as a mosquito repellant.
- Jasmine can improve your alertness. It also enhances your penile blood flow.
- Lavender essential oil is used as an antiseptic for cuts and bruises. It improves your sleep cycle and enhances relaxation.
- Lemon essential oil is used to improve mood and also relieve the symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Rosemary essential oil promotes hair growth, prevents muscle spasms, boosts memory, and supports the circulatory, nervous systems.
- Sandalwood is believed to have aphrodisiac qualities.
- Yarrow essential oil is used to treat symptoms of cold, flu, and reduce joint inflammation.
- Thyme essential oil is said to reduce fatigue, stress, and nervousness.
- Tea tree oil is believed to have antimicrobial, disinfectant, and antiseptic qualities. It also treats acne, burns, and bites. It is one of the commonly used oils in many skincare products.
There are many lesser-known oils that have many healing properties. One of the best ways to reap the benefits of essentials is through shower bombs. The set shower bombs are made of different essential oils. Pick based on your mood and requirement. Now give a twist to your boring shower with shower bombs.